- I'm developing a pure links course, in the tradition of the old links courses we find in Ireland and Scottland, where I'll try to keep things as natural and ''rugged'' as possible.
- I'm currently working on a whole new texture set for the course that will allow me to simulate intricate texture blendings like dry patches on fairways, seamless transitions from short to heavy rough, and realistic looking dunes.
- As far as proper course design goes, I'm favoring a simple, minimalist type of design that puts the emphasis on shot angles, strategic choices over penal and a variety of shots needed to negociate the course.
- I'm trying to find the best possible layout with the land given, instead of looking too much for the forced ''spectacular hole along the coastline''. I'm trying more to follow the Alister MacKenzie school of thought with Cypress Point for my course...
- From a more technical standpoint, I can say so far that the course will features a few double greens, low brick walls like the ones found on old Ireland courses, a stream running through the south part of the plot, and deep pot bunkers with a twist for a unique look...
28 août 2010
Presenting project ''P''
Here's some preliminary infos on my contest course, entitled for now Project ''P'' (working title lol).